About the Parks & Recreation Department
The Corte Madera Parks & Recreation Department’s mission is to create community through People, Parks and Programs.
To achieve this mission, we provide year-round recreational programs, classes, sports leagues, summer camps and events for residents of Corte Madera and surrounding communities. Activities take place at the spacious Corte Madera Community Center and adjoining 20-acre Town Park, and at other Corte Madera locations. Offerings range from Gymnastics for 2-5 year olds to soccer leagues for Kindergarten-6th graders, from Open Gym to softball leagues for adults, and from AARP Driver Safety to computer classes for adults 55+. Events include Daddy-Daughter and Mother-Son Dances, Movie Nights, Breakfast with Santa and Big Band Dances. See left menu for Brochure and Online Program Registration.
Facility, Field and Picnic Rentals
The recently-remodeled Community Center and adjoining garden-setting patio create a perfect venue for wedding receptions, quinceañeras, birthdays, business meetings, fundraisers, dances and performances. The airy main hall has capacity for 350 people, seats 250, has a huge kitchen with commercial refrigerators and stoves, and is equipped with stage, piano, lighting and PA systems. Picnic sites and playing fields are also available for rental. Click here for rates and other information. Call 415.927.0572 for availability.
The Recreation Department's Mission
To create community through people, parks and programs, we:
Provide Recreational Experiences. Through programmed and self-facilitated recreation, a variety of benefits to individuals and society are achieved. Recreational experiences are also
important as an end in themselves for personal enjoyment.
- Foster Human Development. Parks and Recreation services foster social, intellectual, physical and emotional development.
- Promote Health and Wellness. Participation in recreation improves physical and emotional health.
- Increase Cultural Unity. Parks and Recreation increases cultural unity through experiences that promote cultural understanding and celebrate diversity.
- Facilitate Community-Problem solving. Parks and Recreation professionals have skills in facilitation and leadership that can be applied to resolve community problems and issues.
- Protect Natural Resources. By acquiring and protecting valuable resources as open space; wildlife and nature protection programs.
- Strengthen Safety and Security. Parks and Recreation professionals provide safe environments for recreation and design programs and services specifically to reduce criminal activity.
- Strengthen Community Image and Sense of Place. Parks, recreation facilities, programs and community events are key factors in strengthening community image and creating a sense of place.
- Support Economic Development. Recreation programs and facilities attract and retain businesses and residents, as well as attract tourists. Parks and recreation provides jobs and generates income for the community and for local businesses.